Thursday 3 March 2011

Research

For the next three weeks at college, we have a project strictly on research. This doesn't mean however that the next three weeks will be spent reading books and writing notes, oh no. That may be research as you know it, yet in the mind of a dyslexic artiste, research is making slightly smaller objects, drawing slightly smaller drawings and ignoring the justification completely.

This is a solid opportunity to do things for a laugh and not be arsed. I based my research on 'Materials'. We could base the research on anything we wanted, leaving the project almost retardedly open, I chose materials to keep it that open, as anything I make I can justify as being inherently reliant on its materials. I would argue that everything is inherently reliant on its materials, ie a building needs to be made of metal and bricks instead or bread and paper, and using this argument I can spend the next three weeks fucking about.

What I have been working on today, is playing with matches in a domino effect.

photo-22

photo-21

photo-24

photo-23

photo-16

photo-13

photo-11

photo-17

photo-10

photo-25

The videos aren't as good as you may hope as matches aren't as predictable or as quick as dominoes.

-Jeffro

No comments:

Post a Comment