Friday 25 March 2011

2 heads 1 mouth

Alright ladies, so recently I've been working on some conceptual rubbish again, which obviously means, steer clear of the blog as I don't have the time or the patience in order to try an explain what Im trying to do in an almost readable fashion without sounding like a patronizing bellend, or at least more than I am normally. 

As a result of this, I have some other stuff to show you. Because first year sculpture is full of incompetent inconsiderate pretentious fucks with made up nicknames like "Jeffro" (see what I did there?), we, instead of having a 5 week project, are having 5 single week projects of learning how to use materials. This week we hammered clay and cardboard, in a construction manor just to get used to making models for sculptures in the future.   

photo-29

this is the cardboard head I made, I wanted a big greek theatre head, just for a mess about and to see what the material was capable of. surprisingly fun and useful. I didn't want to finish the other side as I suck arse at making stuff look like I want, so no way would the second side look like the first, and I know it looks like craig david off bo salecta. shite.

photo-28

photo-27

I forgot how absolutely intense clay was before this, and I will work with it again in the future. It looks like this because, I was ill the day we were supposed to do this, so i came in another day to do it. I started making a rough shape and figured when other people came in I would modal it on them, yet no one came... for ever, so I got bored and thought fuck it and made a dope nose. This meant i stopped really caring about realism. I figured it would be completely original and reflect my total disregard for the rules and the history, show im cutting edge and renegade... Yet it looks like a shite 4000 year old african sculpture blanched of colour. fuck. back to the drawing board.

-Jeffro

No comments:

Post a Comment