Friday 13 November 2009

pure abstraction

Ready for pretentious waffle? Well you better be.

Today I finished off my abstract painting in fine art and then had to talk about it and defend it in a critique. The project title was 'abra kadabra' (a stupid brief) and so I started thinking about how fortune tellers read into the shapes of tea leaves, and how Max Ernst does a similar thing by working into random assortments of paint to create a surreal landscape. I also discovered a new profound love for mixing sand with paint, and painting with cardboard. Excellent fun.

I tried to keep the colours balanced and was heavily influenced by early Polock work, hope you like!

pure abstraction

pure abstraction

pure abstraction

pure abstraction

pure abstraction

-Jeffro

No comments:

Post a Comment